Data Protection | ECOS Technology GmbH
ECOS Technology GmbH (hereinafter referred to as "ECOS" or "we") operates the website available on the domain "www.ecos.de" (hereinafter referred to as "website"). The following privacy notice provides you with information about the personal data that will be collected when you use this website. Personal data is all data referring to you personally, for example name, address, e-mail addresses or user behavior.
Your data is collected, processed and utilized under the provisions of the German Telemedia Act and data protection laws, especially the Federal Data Protection Act (Bundesdatenschutzgesetz, BDSG) and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). This privacy notice provides information about the collection of personal data on and over our website according to Art. 13 GDPR.
1. Collecting personal data on informational usage
(1) If you use our website only for informational purposes, i.e. you don’t log in, register or communicate other information, we don’t collect any personal data other than the data transmitted by your browser. The intention of collecting this data is to allow you the visit of our website and ensure its operability. Furthermore, collecting this data allows us to optimize the website and guarantee the safety of our information technology systems. Following data will be collected:
- IP address
- Date and time of query
- Time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- Content of the query (specific page)
- Access status/HTTP status code
- Data volume transferred
- Website at the origin of the query
- Operation system and interface
- Language and version of the browser software
For technical security reasons (particularly to prevent attacks on our web servers), the data is stored according to Art. 6(1)(f) GDPR. After 7 days at the latest the data is made anonymous by truncating the IP address so no connection to the user can be made.
(2) Cookies will be stored on your computer when you use our website. Cookies are small text files that are stored browser-related on your hard drive and allow the setting counterpart (in this case us) to collect information from you. A cookie typically contains the name of the domain which is at the origin of the cookie, its "lifespan" and a value, usually a randomly generated unique number. Cookies cannot execute programs nor transmit viruses to your computer The purpose of using cookies is to render our website more user-friendly and effective. Besides, some elements on our website require that the requesting browser remains identifiable even after a page change.
- Transient cookies (session cookies) are deleted automatically upon closing your browser and specifically include the session cookies. These record a so-called session ID that allows to assign your browser's different requests to the main session. This procedure renders your computer recognizable when you return to our website. Session cookies are deleted when you log out or close your browser.
- Persistent cookies (durable cookies) are deleted automatically after a given time, which may vary from cookie to cookie. You can delete cookies in the security settings of your browser at any time.
- Cookies related to third party services are described below.
- The used flash cookies are recorded by your flash plugin, not by your browser. These cookies store the relevant data independently of the browser you use and have no automatic expiration date. If you wish to suppress the processing of flash cookies, please install an appropriate add-on.
- Web beacons are small code strings (also called “clear GIF” or “web bugs”) allowing us to count the number of visitors on our website.
You can configure your browser settings as desired, for example to reject third party cookies or all cookies. Information about managing and deleting cookies as well as the respective tutorials are available on www.meine-cookies.org for all common browsers. Please note that you may not be able to use all features of this website afterwards.
(3) This information is stored separately from possible other data recorded by us. In particular the cookie data will not be related to your other transmitted data.
2. Collecting personal data on personalized usage
(1) Apart from the mere informational use of our website we also offer you various services if you are interested. In this case, we will need further personal data from you to be able to provide you the respective service. Whenever additional voluntary data entries are possible, these are respectively marked. We only collect, process and utilize the personal data you intentionally enter or the data that is required for your usage of our website and/or to fulfill a contract concluded with us. This includes in particular the following data for inventory and usage purposes that may be transmitted through our website forms:
- Name (title, first name, surname, gender)
- Phone number
- E-mail address
- Registration and login data of the user
(2) We use inventory data and usage data to enter, if applicable, a contractual relationship with you, shape its content, modify or end it, to fulfill our contractual obligations, for the user login on our website, and to contact you if you wish so or as permitted by the contractual stipulations or by the law.
Personal data is stored and processed within the European Union, except for data collected by the third-party providers stated below.
3. Deletion periods
Unless described otherwise by this privacy notice, we store your data only as long as necessary and only for the purpose its collection and processing is intended to. Particular retention obligations in commercial and fiscal law may yet prescribe a longer storage period. Accordingly, your personal data will be deleted after your request has been processed unless agreed otherwise or prescribed by law. Inventory data will be deleted two years after the contractual relationship has ended at the end of the respective calendar year unless a longer storage period is required and permitted by law.
We may additionally retain data with your consent or in the event of legal disputes, in which case we will preserve it as evidence in accordance with statutory limitation periods that may amount up to thirty years. The regular limitation period is three years.
4. Statistical anonymous analysis of usage data
Unless you object, we are entitled to create usage profiles using pseudonyms for advertising, market research or the optimization of our website. In particular, we analyze usage data anonymously for statistical purposes to optimize our website. You can object to such usage of your personal data by notifying us.
5. Contact form by e-mail (Art. 6(1)(a, b) GDPR)
Our website offers a contact form to contact us electronically. If you use this contact form to notify us, we process your data entries to make contact with you and react to your questions and wishes.
We conform to the principle of data economy and data reduction by requiring only the data strictly needed to get in contact with you. These data are your e-mail address and the message field itself. Also, your IP address will be processed as a result of technical and legal necessities. All other fields are for optional information (for example to allow us to answer your queries more specifically).
If you contact us by e-mail, the personal data stated in your message will only be used to answer your query. If you don’t use the offered forms to contact us, no further data will be collected.
6. Use of Google Analytics
(1) This website uses Google Analytics, the web analysis service by Google Inc. ("Google"). Google Analytics uses so-called cookies, which are text files stored on your computer to allow the analysis of your usage of the website. The information created by the cookie about your usage of our website is usually transmitted to a Google server in the USA. However, if IP anonymization is activated on this website, Google will truncate your IP address for the data transfer within the member states of the European Union or in other signatory states of the European Economic Area. The full IP address will only be transmitted in exceptional cases to a Google server located in the USA and then truncated. On behalf of the operator of this website, Google will use this information to analyze your use of our website, issue reports concerning the website activities and provide the website operator with further services related to the usage of the website and the internet.
(2) The IP address your browser sent to Google Analytics will not be merged with other data collected by Google.
(3) You can prevent the storage of cookies by changing your browser settings accordingly, but please note that you may not be able to use all features of our website in that case.
(4) You can additionally prevent the collecting of data created by the cookie and related to your usage of the website (including your IP address) by Google and the processing of this data by Google by downloading and installing the browser plugin available under the link below:
(5) This website uses Google Analytics with the extension "_anonymizeIp()". This extension allows to process truncated IP addresses, a direct personal reference is therefore excluded.
7. E-Mail Newsletter
(1) If you have provided your consent, we are entitled to e-mail you information about the use of our website as well as general customer information (E-Mail newsletter). The products and services promoted are specified by the declaration of consent. By storing the used IP addresses as well as the moment of registration and confirmation, your consent is recorded and you will be able to access the content of your declaration and this notice at any time. You can revoke your consent at any time for the future. You may object in particular to the processing of data for direct advertising purposes.
(2) Please note that we will use the newsletter dispatch to analyze your user behavior. For this purpose the e-mails contain so-called web beacons or tracking pixels which are one-pixel image files stored on our website. For the analysis, we tie the data specified in paragraph 1 and the web beacons to your e-mail address and an individual ID. We then create a user profile with the obtained data to tailor the newsletter to your individual interests. We thereby record when you read our newsletter, which links you visit and conclude thereof on your personal interests. We link this data to the actions that you perform on our website. You may object to this tracking at any time by clicking on the separate link included in every e-mail or by informing us through another contact option. The information is stored as long as you subscribe to our newsletter. If you unsubscribe, we store the data purely for statistical reasons and anonymously.
8. Google AdWords conversion tracking
9. Google Tag Manager (GTM)
Our website uses Google Tag Manager. This service allows to manage website tags through an interface. Google Tag Manager only implements tags. This means: No cookies are set, no personal data recorded. Google Tag Manager prompts other tags that possibly collect data. However, Google Tag Manager doesn’t access this data. If a deactivation has been performed on the domain level or the cookie level, it remains in effect for all tracking tags that have been implemented with Google Tag Manager.
10. Transfer to third parties
We will only disclose your data to third parties in compliance with the legal provisions or your informed consent. Apart from this, your information will only be disclosed if legal provisions are mandatory (disclosure to external parties such as supervisory authorities or prosecution authorities).
Within our company, we ensure that your information is only disclosed to the persons requiring it to fulfill our contractual and legal obligations.
11. Subcontractors and recipients of personal data
(1) Regarding the processing of personal data, we employ subcontractors with whom we enter into an agreement according to the provisions of Art. 28 GDPR
(2) Within our company, we ensure that your information is only disclosed to the persons who require it to fulfill the contractual and legal obligations.
12. Transfer to a third country/Transfer intention to a third country
Data will only be transferred to third countries (non-EU states and countries outside the EEA) insofar as it is necessary for the fulfillment of the contractual obligation, prescribed by law or if you have given your consent.
At the present time, we do not transfer personal data to service providers or group companies outside the European Economic Area.
13. Protection of personal data
We take technical and organizational measures in compliance with the provisions of Art. 32 GDPR to protect the personal data of the user. All staff members dealing with the processing of personal data are bound to data secrecy. Personal user data is encrypted by HTTPS upon transfer to our website.
14. Legal basis
The legal basis of our data processing is explained below according to the provisions of Art. 13 GDPR.
- Insofar as we obtain the consent of the data subject for the processing of personal data, Art. 6(1)(a) GDPR constitutes the legal basis.
- When the processing of personal data is necessary to fulfill a contract to which the data subject is a party, Art. 6(1)(b) GDPR constitutes the legal basis. This also applies to processing operations that are required to perform pre-contractual obligations.
- Insofar as the processing of personal data is required to meet a legal duty which our company is subjected to, Art. 6(1)(c) GDPR constitutes the legal basis.
- The legal basis for the temporary storage of data and log files is Art. 6(1)(f) GDPR.
- The legal basis for the processing of personal data using technically required cookies is Art. 6(1)(f) GDPR.
- The legal basis for the processing of personal data using cookies for analysis purposes is Art. 6(1)(f) GDPR.
- After your subscription to our newsletter, we store your e-mail address for the purpose of e-mail dispatch. The legal basis is Art. 6.(1)(a) GDPR.
- If the processing is necessary to protect the legitimate interests of our company or a third party and if the interests, fundamental rights, and freedoms of the concerned data subject do not outweigh the first interest, Art. 6(1)(f) GDPR constitutes the legal basis for processing.
If the processing of personal data is based on Art. 6(1)(f) GDPR, our legitimate interest is to perform our business operations for the benefit and the wellbeing of our entire staff and shareholders.
15. No automatized decision-making, no profiling
We do not perform automatized decision-making nor profiling.
16. Rights of data subjects
The user and other persons affected by the processing of personal data have the following rights:
- Right to information regarding their specific personal data (Art. 15 GDPR)
- Right to rectification (Art. 16 GDPR)
- Right to erasure (Art. 17 GDPR)
- Right to restriction of processing (Art. 18 GDPR)
- Right to object to the processing if the data is processed according to Art. 6(1)(e) or 6(1)(f) GDPR; see also the notice below about the right to object in accordance with Art. 21 GDPR.
- Right to data portability (Art. 20 GDPR)
- Right to revoke a declaration of consent at any time without influencing the legitimacy of the processing performed from the time of consent until the time of withdrawal if the processing has been performed under the provision of a consent in accordance with Art. 6(1)(a) or Art. 9(2)(a) GDPR.
You also have the right to file a complaint with a supervisory data protection authority concerning the processing of your personal data (Art. 77 GDPR).
17. Notice about the right to object under Art. 21 GDPR
A. Right to object due to the specific situation
You have the right to object at any time, on grounds relating to your particular situation, to the processing of personal data collected about you under the provisions of Art. 6(1)(e) (public safety) or Art. 6(1)(f) (data processing on the grounds of a balancing of interests) GDPR; this includes any profiling based on these provisions. We will no longer process the personal data unless we can provide compelling, legitimate evidence for its necessity outweighing your interests, rights and freedoms or unless the processing is indispensable for the assertion, exercise or defense of legal claims.
B. Right to object to direct marketing
Provided we process your personal data for direct marketing purposes, you have the right to object at any time to the processing of your personal data for the purpose of this kind of marketing; this includes the profiling related to such direct marketing. If you object to the processing for direct marketing purposes, the personal data will no longer be used to that end.
C. Exercising the right to object
The right to object can be exercised informally, for example by post to ECOS Technology GmbH, Sant-Ambrogio-Ring 13a, D-55276 Oppenheim, or per e-mail to info[at]ecos.de.
18. Service Provider, responsible office, contact information, withdrawal of consent
Service provider according to § 13 of the German Telemedia Act as well the responsible office according to the GDPR, the data protection laws of the respective member states of the European Union and further data protection provisions is:
ECOS Technology GmbH
Phone: +49 (6133) 939-0
Fax: +49 (6133) 939-333
All information, correction and erasure requests, objections or withdrawals of consent, the exercise of the right to restriction of processing or the right to data portability, as well as comments or questions related to data protection are to be submitted to the address above.
19. Data protection officer
Our data protection officer can be reached as follows:
or by mail with the addendum "Data protection officer".
20. Supervisory data protection authority and right of complaint
The supervisory data protection authority responsible for our company and to which you can file a complaint related to a violation of data protection laws is:
Landesbeauftragte für den Datenschutz und die Informationsfreiheit Rheinland-Pfalz
Hintere Bleiche 34
Telefax: +49 (0) 6131 208-2497
Phone: +49 (0) 6131 208-2449
22. Links to other providers
Our website contains clearly visible links to the online presence of other companies. As far as links to the web pages of other companies exist, we do not have any influence on their content. We therefore can not provide any guarantee nor assume liability. The respective provider or site operator is always responsible for the content of these sites.
The linked websites have been checked for possible legal offences and visible legal violations at the time of the linkage. No illegal content was discernible at the time of linkage. A permanent control of the content of the linked websites can not be reasonably expected without tangible evidence of abuse. As soon as we are made aware of legal infringements, such links will be immediately removed.
25th May, 2018