Central management with ECOS SYSTEM MANAGEMENT APPLIANCE
The ECOS SYSTEM MANAGEMENT APPLIANCE (SMA) provides a central management for all ECOS products. It can additionally be used as VPN gateway and authentication server for ECOS MOBILE OFFICE STICK, ECOS SECURE BOOT STICK, respectively ECOS SECURE BOOT MODULE, and ECOS VIRTUAL WEB CLIENT.
The ECOS SYSTEM MANAGEMENT APPLIANCE is a virtual appliance designed to run in any VMware environment, on a Citrix XenServer, Hyper-V, and Oracle VirtualBox or on dedicated hardware.
- Central management of all components
- Group and role-based configuration assignment (e.g. target systems)
- Token lifecycle management (personalize, replace, suspend USB sticks and more)
- Include existing CAs and provide an independent CA
- Central update management
- Integrated stick and VPN gateway management
- Stick monitoring
- Connection to Active Directory and other directory services
Areas of application
- ECOS SYSTEM MANAGEMENT APPLIANCE (SMA) is compulsory for the use of ECOS MOBILE OFFICE STICKs.
- It is not necessarily required when only a very small number of ECOS SECURE BOOT STICKs is being used.
- Suitable for cases with no in-house VPN infrastructure or when an existing infrastructure is to be replaced.
- Runs on VMware, XenServer and other virtualization solutions.
- Can also be installed on dedicated hardware.
Easy on your budget
- The central management reduces administration efforts
- Easy online administration of remote staff
- Effective deployment
- Connection to Active Directory or other directory services avoids double administration
- Overall solution incl. operating system, thus no further licenses needed
Improve security for remote access
- Management for certificate-based login and two-factor-authentication
- Management for smart card protection
- Setup of an in-house PKI (certificate issue and administration)
- Central backup for all components
- Optional: high availability module for hot standby