ECOS Technology GmbH (hereinafter referred to as "ECOS" or "we") operates the website available on the domain "www.ecos.de" (hereinafter referred to as "website"). The following privacy notice provides you with information about the personal data that will be collected when you use this website. Personal data is all data referring to you personally, for example name, address, e-mail addresses or user behavior.
Your data is collected, processed and utilized under the provisions of the German Telemedia Act and data protection laws, especially the Federal Data Protection Act (Bundesdatenschutzgesetz, BDSG) and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). This privacy notice provides information about the collection of personal data on and over our website according to Art. 13 GDPR.
1. Collecting personal data on informational usage
(1) If you use our website for informational purposes only , i.e. you don't log in, register or communicate other information, we do not collect any personal data other than the data transmitted by your browser. The purpose of this data collection is to allow you the visit of our website and ensure its operability. Furthermore, collecting this data allows us to optimize the website and guarantee the security of our information technology systems. Following data will be collected:
- IP address
- Date and time of the request
- Time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- Content of the request (concrete page)
- Access status/HTTP status code
- Amount of data transferred in each case
- Website from which the request comes
- Operating system and its interface
- Language and version of the browser software.
For technical security reasons (particularly to prevent attacks on our web servers), the data is stored according to Art. 6(1)(f) GDPR. After 7 days at the latest the data is made anonymous by truncating the IP address so no connection to the user can be made.
Please customize your data protection and privacy settings here.
We use the following cookie, which is necessary to maintain the functionality of our website. Please refer to the summary to learn more about the purposes for which your data is collected in this case and for how long it is stored:
Cookie Consent with OIL.js
Used on this page:
We only set one cookie, which is used to store the cookie user settings. The following cookies are set: oil_data
Statistics / Marketing
These cookies are used to measure the reach of our own offer. These cookies allow us, among other things, to trace which website was visited before our website was accessed and how our website was used. We use this data, for example, to optimize our website by evaluating the campaigns we have launched. Used on this site:
Google Analytics collects anonymous statistics about user behaviour on the website (number of visits etc.) The following cookies are set: _ga, _gid
The Google Tag Manager allows to manage website tags through an interface. The Google Tool Manager only implements tags. This means: no cookies are used and no personal data is collected.
userlike is a chatbot that helps with questions about products. The following cookies are set: uslk_s, uslk_e
With your consent, the playback of videos published on YouTube is allowed.
Used on this page:
We use the Google service "YouTube", which provides media such as videos and, among other things, analyzes user behavior.
(3) This information will be stored separately from any other data you may provide us with. In particular, the cookie data will not be linked to your other data, if such data is transmitted.
2. Collection of personal data for personalized use
(1) Apart from the mere informational use of our website, we offer various services which you may use if interested. In this case, we will need further personal data from you to be able to provide the respective service. Whenever additional voluntary data entries are possible, these are marked accordingly. We will only collect, process and use those personal data which are necessary for your use of the website and/or the fulfilment of a contract concluded with us or which you yourself provide. This includes in particular the following data for inventory and usage purposes which may be transmitted through our website forms:
- Name (consisting of form of address, title, first name, surname and gender)
- Phone number
- E-mail address
- Registration and login data of the user
(2) We use inventory data and usage data to enter, if applicable, a contractual relationship with you, shape its content, modify or end it, to fulfill our contractual obligations, for the user login on our website, and to contact you if you wish so or as permitted by the contractual stipulations or by the law
Personal data is stored and processed within the European Union, except for data collected by the thirdparty providers stated below.
3. Deletion periods
We may additionally retain data with your consent or in the event of legal disputes, in which case we will preserve it as evidence in accordance with statutory limitation periods that may amount up to thirty years; the regular limitation period is three years.
4. Anonymous statistical evaluation of usage data
Unless you object, we are entitled to create user profiles using pseudonyms for the purposes of advertising, market research or for the design of the website in line with requirements. In particular, we evaluate usage data anonymously for statistical purposes to optimize our website. You can object to this use of your personal data by notifying us.
5. E-Mail contact form (Art. 6(1)(a, b) GDPR)
The contact form on our website can be used for electronic contact. If you use this contact form to notify us, we process your data entries to make contact with you and respond to your questions and wishes.
We conform to the principle of data economy and data reduction by requiring only the data strictly necessary to contact you. These data are your e-mail address and the message field itself. In addition, your IP address will be processed because of technical and legal necessities. All other fields are for optional information (for example to allow us to answer your queries more specifically).
If you contact us by e-mail, the personal data stated in your message will only be used to answer your query. If you do not use the offered forms to contact us, no further data will be collected.
6. Use of Google Analytics
(1) This website uses Google Analytics, the web analysis service by Google Inc. ("Google"). Google Analytics uses so-called cookies, which are text files stored on your computer to allow the analysis of your usage of the website. The information created by the cookie about your usage of our website is usually transmitted to a Google server in the USA. However, if IP anonymization is activated on this website, Google will truncate your IP address for the data transfer within the member states of the European Union or in other signatory states of the European Economic Area. The full IP address will only be transmitted in exceptional cases to a Google server located in the USA and then truncated. On behalf of the operator of this website, Google will use this information to evaluate your use of the website, to compile reports on the website activities and to provide further services to the website operator related to the use of the website and the Internet.
(2) The IP address your browser sends to Google Analytics will not be merged with other data collected by Google.
(3) You can prevent the storage of cookies by changing your browser settings accordingly, but please note that you may not be able to use all features of our website in that case.
(4) You can also prevent the collection of data generated by the cookie and related to your use of the website (including your IP address) to Google and the processing of this data by Google by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available under the link below:
(5) This website uses Google Analytics with the extension "_anonymizeIp()". This extension allows to process truncated IP addresses, so a direct personal reference is excluded.
(6) Google Analytics is used in compliance with the provisions agreed by the German data protection authorities and Google.
7. E-Mail newsletter
(1) If you have provided your consent, we are entitled to e-mail you information about the use of our website as well as general customer information (E-Mail newsletter). The products and services promoted are specified by the declaration of consent. By storing the used IP addresses as well as the moment of registration and confirmation, your consent is recorded and you will be able to access the content of your declaration and this notice at any time. You can revoke your consent at any time for the future. You may object in particular to the processing of data for direct advertising purposes.
(2) Please note that we will use the newsletter dispatch to analyze your user behavior. For this purpose, the e-mails contain so-called web beacons or tracking pixels, which are one-pixel image files stored on our website. For the analysis, we tie the data specified in paragraph 1 and the web beacons to your e-mail address and an individual ID. We then create a user profile with the obtained data to tailor the newsletter to your individual interests. We thereby record when you read our newsletter, which links you visit and conclude thereof on your personal interests. We link this data to the actions that you perform on our website. You may object to this tracking at any time by clicking on the separate link included in every e-mail or by informing us through another contact option. The information is stored as long as you subscribe to our newsletter. If you unsubscribe, we store the data purely for statistical reasons and anonymously
8. Google AdWords conversion tracking
9. Google Tag Manager (GTM)
Our website uses Google Tag Manager. This service allows managing website tags through an interface. Google Tag Manager only implements tags. This means: No cookies are set, no personal data recorded. Google Tag Manager prompts other tags that possibly collect data. However, Google Tag Manager does not access this data. If a deactivation has been performed on the domain level or the cookie level, it remains in effect for all tracking tags that have been implemented with Google Tag Manager.
10. Disclosure to third parties
We will only disclose your data to third parties in compliance with the legal provisions or your informed consent. Apart from this, your information will only be disclosed if legal provisions are mandatory (disclosure to external parties such as supervisory authorities or prosecution authorities).
Within our company, we ensure that your information is only disclosed to the persons requiring it to fulfill our contractual and legal obligations.
11. Subcontractors and recipients of personal data
(1) Regarding the processing of personal data, we employ subcontractors with whom we enter into an agreement according to the provisions of Art. 28 GDPR.
(2) Within our company, we ensure that your information is only disclosed to the persons who require it to fulfill the contractual and legal obligations.
12. Third country transfer /third country transfer intention
Data will only be transferred to third countries (non-EU states and countries outside the EEA) insofar as it is necessary for the fulfillment of the contractual obligation, prescribed by law or if you have given your consent.
We currently do not transfer any personal data to service providers or group companies outside the European Economic Area.
13. Protection of personal data
We take technical and organizational measures in compliance with the provisions of Art. 32 GDPR to protect the personal data of the user. All staff members dealing with the processing of personal data are bound to data secrecy. Personal user data is encrypted by HTTPS upon transfer to our website.
14. Legal basis
Please find explained below the legal basis of our data processing as prescribed by the provisions of Art. 13 GDPR:
- Insofar as we obtain the consent of the data subject for the processing of personal data, Art. 6(1)(a) GDPR constitutes the legal basis.
- When the processing of personal data is necessary to fulfill a contract to which the data subject is a party, Art. 6(1)(b) GDPR constitutes the legal basis. This also applies to processing operations that are required to perform pre-contractual obligations.
- Insofar as the processing of personal data is required to meet a legal duty, which our company is subjected to, Art. 6(1)(c) GDPR constitutes the legal basis.
- The legal basis for the temporary storage of data and log files is Art. 6(1)(f) GDPR.
- The legal basis for the processing of personal data using technically required cookies is Art. 6(1)(f) GDPR.
- The legal basis for the processing of personal data using cookies for analysis purposes is Art. 6(1)(f) GDPR.
- After your subscription to our newsletter, we store your e-mail address for the purpose of e-mail dispatch. The legal basis is Art. 6(1)(a) GDPR.
- If the processing is necessary to protect the legitimate interests of our company or a third party and if the interests, fundamental rights, and freedoms of the concerned data subject do not outweigh the first interest, Art. 6(1)(f) GDPR constitutes the legal basis for processing.
- If the processing of personal data is based on Art. 6(1)(f) GDPR, our legitimate interest is to perform our business operations for the benefit and the wellbeing of our entire staff and shareholders.
15. No automated decision-making, no profiling
We do not perform automated decision-making nor profiling.
16. Right of data subjects
The user and other affected persons are granted the following rights regarding their personal data:
- Right of access to the personal data concerned (Art. 15 GDPR)
- Right to rectification (Art. 16 GDPR)
- Right to erasure (Art. 17 GDPR)
- Right to restriction of processing (Art. 18 GDPR)
- Right to object to the processing if the data is processed according to Art. 6(1)(e) or 6(1)(f) GDPR; see also the notice below about the right to object in accordance with Art. 21 GDPR.
- Right to data portability (Art. 20 GDPR)
- Right to revoke a declaration of consent at any time without influencing the legitimacy of the processing performed from the time of consent until the time of withdrawal if the processing has been performed under the provision of a consent in accordance with Art. 6(1)(a) or Art. 9(2)(a) GDPR.
You also have the right to file a complaint with a supervisory data protection authority concerning the processing of your personal data (Art. 77 GDPR).
17. Notice on the right to object under Art. 21 GDPR
A. Right to object due to the specific situation on account of the particular situation
You have the right to object at any time, on grounds relating to your particular situation, to the processing of personal data collected about you under the provisions of Art. 6(1)(e) (public interest) or Art. 6(1)(f) (data processing on the grounds of a balancing of interests) GDPR; this includes any profiling based on these provisions. We will no longer process the personal data unless we can provide compelling, legitimate evidence for its necessity outweighing your interests, rights and freedoms or unless the processing is indispensable for the assertion, exercise or defense of legal claims.
B. Right to object to direct marketing
Provided we process your personal data for direct marketing purposes, you have the right to object at any time to the processing of your personal data for the purpose of this kind of marketing; this includes the profiling related to such direct marketing. If you object to the processing for direct marketing purposes, the personal data will no longer be used to that end.
C. Exercising the right to object
The right to object can be exercised informally, for example by post to ECOS Technology GmbH, SantAmbrogio-Ring 13a, D-55276 Oppenheim, or per e-mail to info[at]ecos.de.
18. Service provider / responsible office / contact information / objection / revocation of consent
Service provider according to § 13 of the German Telemedia Act as well the responsible office according to the GDPR, the data protection laws of the respective member states of the European Union and further data protection provisions is:
ECOS Technology GmbH
Sant-Ambrogio Ring 13a
Phone: +49 (6133) 939-0
Fax: +49 (6133) 939-333
All information, correction and erasure requests, objections or withdrawals of consent, the exercise of the right to restriction of processing or the right to data portability, as well as comments or questions related to data protection are to be submitted to the address above.
19. Data protection officer
Our data protection officer can be reached as follows:
or by mail with the addendum: "Data protection officer".
20. Supervisory data protection authority and right o complaint
The data protection supervisory authority responsible for us, to which a complaint can be submitted about a violation of data protection law:
State Commissioner for Data Protection and Freedom of Information Rhineland-Palatinate
Hintere Bleiche 34 55116 Mainz Fax: +49 (0) 6131 208-2497 E-Mail: poststelle(at)datenschutz.rlp.de
phone: +49 (0) 6131 208-2449
22. Links to other providers
Our website contains clearly visible links to other companies' websites. As far as links to websites of other providers are available, we have no influence on their contents. Therefore, no guarantee or liability can be assumed for these contents. The respective provider or operator of these sites is always responsible for the contents of such sites.
The linked pages were checked for possible violations of law and recognizable infringements at the time of linking. Illegal contents were not recognizable at the time of linking. However, a permanent control of the contents of the linked pages is not reasonable without tangible evidence of a violation of the law. As soon as infringements of the law become known, such links will be removed immediately.
May 25, 2018